Total Quality Management
YASHADA's Action Plan was given an award for Excellence by the Evaluation Committee. Yashada is one of five governmental training institutes in India selected in 1997-98 for a three year project on Total Quality Management (TQM) in training sponsored by the British Council. Two faculty members from each institute were sent to Cranfield University in the UK for TQM training during April-May 1997. YASHADA launched its TQM initiative by formulating its GOALS:
- To enable government bodies develop a relevant body of expertise and professionalism.
- To develop the attitudes, knowledge and skills of the individual government servant.
- To function as a nodal agency in Maharashtra for other governmental training institutions.
- To provide advice for policy making.
The goals were incorporated in YASHADA's TQM Action Plan and submitted to the Government of India as part of the TQM Project.
Highlights of the TQM Action Plan:
- Formulated with the involvement of the entire staff and faculty.
- Focussed on priority work processes through Process Action Teams:
- Faculty Development.
- Staff development.
- Training process management.
- Supervision of Panchayat Training Centres.
- Library Services.
- Quality Information Systems.
- Infrastructure & Administration.