Brochure For Advanced Postgraduate Diploma in URBAN MANAGEMENT
Fax :- 020-25608145
University of Mumbai's Advanced Postgraduate Diploma in URBAN MANAGEMENT
State Institute of Urban Development
The set up of a specialist training centre for urban functionaries which was established in 1996, has grown and diversified tremendously and taken the form of State
Institute of Urban Development (SIUD).
To equip urban managers to deal with the challenges of India’s urban future.
To provide a high standard of University affiliated programmes and e-learning, for the continuing education of urban practitioners across the country
To create knowledge resources.
To deliver short term focused training programmes, in the areas of urban infrastructure, municipal finance and resource mobilization, public private partnerships, poverty alleviation, delivery of municipal services and urban environment management.
To provide the research and consultancy base for urban policy-making in Maharashtra.
A. Advanced Post Graduate Diploma in Urban Management (APGDUM)
- Combines theory with Practice
- Continuing Education rather than short term training
- 8 Modules + Dissertation
- Foreign Exposure Visit
- Knowledge creation through commissioned works
- Developed in collaboration with the World Bank Institute, Washington DC from a grant of $ 50,000.
- Targeted towards urban professionals form private sector, donor agencies, NGOs, Academic Institutes.
- Comprehensive Programme of 5 Modules on: Impact of Urbanization (QOL), Urban Governance, Municipal Management, Infrastructure and Services, and Urban Poverty.
Meanwhile, SIUD’s flagship programme, the Advanced Post-Graduate Diploma in Urban Management (University of Mumbai) was further consolidated by the setting up of a Board of Studies by the University. This year we have also entirely revamped the syllabus and reading material to make it contemporary and relevant to the emerging urban realities.
- Highlights of APGDUM
- E-Governance-Implementing KDMC Software in ULBs of the State:
Full capacity building for effective rollout of e-Governance modules on the KDMC pattern throughout Maharashtra, through 18 courses covering 479 participants.
- Social Accountability:
Training Program on Social Accountability in Government covering 44 officers from various departments.
- Elected Representatives Programmes:
Training of Elected Representatives: 2 programmes for ERs belonging to SC conducted under BARTI.
- Public Private Partnership (PPP):
National Training of Trainers for PPP in Infrastructure covering trainers from Uttarakhand, Delhi, Panjab, Sikkim.
- Ministry of Urban Development, GoI sponsored Programmes
The State Institute of Urban Development (SIUD) at YASHADA is one of the first beneficiaries of this initiative, and ours was the first proposal in India to be approved, in March 2012. Since then, SIUD has undertaken need-based training programmes to cater to the key target groups working in Maharashtra’s 26 Municipal Corporations and 226 Municipal Councils.
- Maharashtra Urban Infrastructure Development Company Ltd. (MUIDCL) MUINFRA Training Programmes.
HUDCO Chair, Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation, GoI
Another key recommendation of the Ahluwalia Committee is the merger of the Ministries of Urban Development and Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation at the Central level, and the Departments of Urban Development and Housing at the State level. Anticipating such a convergence, the SIUD has revived the HUDCO Chair, and conducted courses in 2012-13.
Other Central Ministries
In fact, SIUD YASHADA has become the institute of first choice in Western and Southern India for all types of regional and national initiatives such as the PPP initiative of the Ministry of Finance and National Workshop on Urban Sanitation, sponsored by the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, GoI.
Proposed / new courses during the current year
- Comprehensive Capacity Building of PCMC Staff.
- Training Programmes for CIDCO.
- Smt. Nasrin Siddiqui, Director, SIUD
- Shri. Dilip Muglikar, Additional Director, SIUD
- Smt. Jyoti Kulkarni, Associate Professor, SIUD
- Dr. Neelam Patil, Research Officer, SIUD
- Smt. Ragini Sawant, Research Assistant, SIUD
- Shri. Ananta Pore, Course Associate, SIUD
- Shri. Sunny Jadhav, Peon, SIUD
- Shri Ramanath Jha, IAS (Retd.), Managing Director, KEIPL
- Shri J. T. Nashikkar, Managing Director, MSRDC
- Shri V. W. Deshpande, Director (Retd.) TP&V
- Smt. Jyotsna Choubal Deshpande, Joint Director (Retd.) TP&V
- Shri Ajay Saxena, PPP Expert, Asian Development Bank
- Shri Anil Lad, Deputy Municipal Commissioner, KDMC
- Shri R. B. Bhagwat, Director, Local Fund Accounts, Mumbai
Any other detailsWith the completion of the first phase of the Jawaharlal Nehru Urban Renewal Mission (2007-12), the Government of India launched Phase II, based on the recommendations of the Ishar Judge Ahluwalia Committee Report. In the second phase, the focus shifts from mere private sector investment in urban infrastructure, to the all-round capacity building of urban local bodies and parastatals. This will result in the setting up of several national level institutes, as well as the strengthening of State Training Institutes and State Institutes of Urban Development, across the country.
Contact DetailsPhone :- 020-25608210/173/270
Fax :- 020-25608145